The European project offering new opportunities to test innovative technologies to make the automotive sector more circular.
On the 1st of June, the TREASURE project (leading the TRansion of the European Automotive SUpply chain towards a circulaR futurE), coordinated by Prof. Sergio Terzi and Paolo Rosa from the Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering of Politecnico di Milano, has been officially started.
TREASURE is a Research and Innovation Action co-funded by the European Commission under the H2020 programme willing to offer new opportunities for testing innovative technologies to make the automotive sector more circular.
TREASURE has four main objectives:
- Guaranteeing a sustainable use of raw materials in the automotive sector, by reducing material supply risks
- Adopting in practice the circular economy paradigm in the automotive sector, by acting as demonstrators for the manufacturing sector
- Offering better vehicle-related economic, environmental and social performances to all the end users
- Creating new supply chains around End-of-Life Vehicles (ELVs), by focusing on a circular exploitation of raw materials embedded into cars.
In this way, TREASURE will concretely support companies in the automotive sector, by demonstrating in practice the benefits obtainable from the adoption of the circular economy paradigm both from a business/supply chain and from a technological/sustainability point of view, through the adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies in ELV management processes.
TREASURE is willing to reach three main results:
- Developing an AI-based scenario assessment tool supporting the development of circular supply chains in the automotive sector
- Representing a set of success stories in three key value chains of the automotive industry, as dismantlers/shredders, recyclers and manufacturers, by demonstrating the benefits coming from the adoption of CE principles in the automotive sector
- Integrating Key Enabling Technologies (KETs) for the efficient design of car electronics and subsequent disassembly and materials recovery.
TREASURE kick-off meeting will take place online on June 29th. If you would like more information about TREASURE, you can follow us in our social media channels, or please contact: [email protected] or [email protected]
The TREASURE consortium is constituted by 15 partners coming from six European nations plus an extra-EU nation:
- POLITECNICO DI MILANO, Italy
- Material Recycling and Sustainability (MARAS) B.V. , Netherlands
- EDGERYDERS OU, Estonia
- EUROLCDS SIA, Latvia
- WALTER PAK SL, Spain
- SEAT SA, Spain
- TXT E-SOLUTIONS SPA ,Italy
- INDUSTRIAS LOPEZ SORIANO SA, Spain
- MOV’EO, France